Peter Crighton is a multi-instrumentalist musician and music engraver living in Mainz, Germany.
Born and raised in Münster he was surrounded by music all his life and picked up cello as his first instrument at the age of 6, later followed by bass guitar at 11 and guitar at 13, which are his two main instruments now, all the while singing (mostly backings) in several bands and a church choir in his hometown.
In 2009 he moved to Mainz to study jazz and popular music at the College of Music, but abandoned his studies one year later to move on to a study of media engineering. During this time, though, he felt such a strong call for making music his day job that he quit university again and is now a freelance musician and music engraver since 2012. In 2014 he obtained a certificate as a church musician for popular music.
His current and former bands and activities include:
- The Bruce Band (bass, backing vocal) ~ [Rock/Pop/Blues Cover] ~ since 2017
- Albert (bass, keyboard, backing vocal) ~ [Indie Pop] ~ since 2016
- Fräulein Pugh (bass, backing vocal) ~ [Jazz] ~ since 2014
- Eleasar (guitar, bass, vocal) ~ [Progressive Rock] ~ since 2013
- Frank Zank (bass) ~ [Pop] ~ 2011
- blümel (bass, backing vocal) ~ [Pop] ~ 2007–2009
- Die Sirenen des Titan (bass, keyboard) ~ a musical theatre based on Kurt Vonnegut’s science fiction novel The Sirens of Titan; world premiere at Mainz State Theatre ~ 2015
- occasionally accompanying Neal Morse on his German worship tours with members of Eleasar (bass, guitar, backing vocal)
- creating songbooks / sheet music for Neal Morse, Transatlantic, and District 97
If you are in need of a recording or touring musician or a music engraver, send a message.